Today we are surrounded by uncertainty, and life has become something far from normal. Here in the Carolinas there is less traffic, supermarket shelves are empty, and people are fearful of what might happen in the near future. Lingua East is here to support you in these uncertain times. We have not suspended our services, but in order to comply with social distancing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) we have closed our office to the public and are offering services exclusively online.
Clients still receive the same dedicated, personalized attention through our online services. Here are the main differences between our in-person and online speech training services:
- In-person sessions are being conducted via the internet videoconferencing service Zoom. Zoom is free to download and easy to use.
- Instead of individualized printouts of the confusing aspects of English pronunciation, grammar, and pronunciation we are posting the digital versions on our client websites.
- Rather than paper-based notes produced during the session, we are using the whiteboard function of Zoom to write out pronunciations, stress patterns, and crucial differences that can help you improve your English skills.
By moving our services online, we hope to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and help our clients and community stay healthy. We encourage you to do your part to help in the difficult weeks to come.
- Practice social distancing and do your best to limit your exposure to others.
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer regularly.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth completely with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- If you are feeling sick, call your doctor and follow their instructions.
And most importantly:
- Be kind to one another. We are all in this together.